Supply Chain & Manufacturing
Bedford MA, 01730
The Commodity Manager is a critical part of the development process and is responsible for formulating, communicating, and executing a sourcing strategy relative to their respective commodity which consists of the materials, supplies, and components necessary for product development. The Commodity Manager leads supplier sourcing/selection activities and successfully manages the supplier relationship to ensure that the supply chain is capable of delivering high quality, cost-effective materials to support production requirements. The Commodity Manager has an important role in ensuring that their respective commodity meets the technical and price specifications necessary to satisfy its external manufacturing customers.
- Work closely with Engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet technical capabilities, cost, and business objectives.
- Align Supply Chain commodities and strategy to objectives – for sustaining production, new product development & introduction, and research & development activities. Ensure Berkshire Grey has the right product, at the right place and on-time with a secured and qualified supply base.
- Work closely with Engineering to define standard and custom product requirements.
- Develop a commodity technology roadmap, aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities.
- Responsible for AVL (Approved Vendors List) for commodity, supplier selection and qualification.
- Maintain supplier scorecard and evaluation.
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements.
- Responsible for quarterly business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual/quarterly strategic business objectives.
- Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, cost and quality improvements. • Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including
- Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical improvements.
- Periodic travel will be required to supplier’s manufacturing sites (15%).
- Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, lead-time & cycle-time reductions and favorable payment terms.
- Engage in PO placement to support R&D purchases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in high mix/low volume sourcing environment with frequent change.
- Experience with material handling equipment (MHE) such as conveyance, automated storage, robots, and integration of such equipment in a warehouse/distribution environment is preferred.
- Direct experience in supplier / supply chain management.
- Supply chain experience managing cross functional teams in a mechanical or electronics product company.
- Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems such as NetSuite.
- Will travel be required? Yes. If Yes, what % of time: 15%
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.