Customer Success Manager
Sales & Marketing
Bedford MA, 01730
The Retail and eCommerce Business Unit is looking for a Customer Success Manager to build on our initial strategic customer successes and continue the momentum. This is an exciting, dynamic role for someone interested in a business role that is also tech-forward within the fast-growing world of AI and robotics. The successful candidate will have a consultative style with a particular strength and passion for being the customer advocate within complex, big-ticket solutions for the world’s largest retailers and eCommerce companies. The application focus will be on supply chain and warehouse-related solutions, and a strong candidate will have a solid understanding and set of experiences interacting with operations and other senior personnel within warehouses and distribution centers. You will own and elevate Berkshire Grey’s relationship with the customer, and your success is directly linked to developing and delighting our customers through all phases of the relationship.
Salary and bonus for this role are commensurate with experience. This position reports to the Retail and eCommerce GM and involves 30% to 50% travel (during non-Covid times).
Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships that establish Berkshire Grey as a trusted partner. Continuously ensure a high level of satisfaction with our solutions, products, staff, and services.
- Be seen as a trusted advisor to the client — not just a fixer to solve issues/escalations
- Identify and nurture operations personnel, innovation teams, and regional management within each customer warehouse or distribution center
- Systematically communicate with clients to keep them informed on performance of their systems (KPIs), maintenance, and other related issues
- Organize and conduct weekly customer meetings, monthly visits, and quarterly business reviews with customers and sites
- Be a strong voice of the customer within the BG organization
- Effectively communicate value of BG solutions and educate customers on the business benefits of BG systems
Serve as a back-up point of contact (PM is primary) for customer escalation during implementation planning through deployment
- Continuously assess program risks, anticipate challenges, and provide escalation to management when/as necessary
- Be a proactive, value-adding participant in various stages of the implementation, and where possible, serve as an additional subject matter expert
Maintain and grow relationships and opportunities within customer locations
- Partner with the business unit overall and the sales directors to define customer strategies leveraging BG solutions that unlock growth
- Primary point of contact and influential for driving renewals
- Provide strong project management skills and processes
- Ultimate win = customer location personnel ask for additional BG systems in the future due to their delight with both BG solutions and Team BG’s consistent communication and strong relationships
Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in communicating with operational personnel, key technical stakeholders, and regional management within customer organizations
Minimum of 10 years experience in Project Management, Account Management, Customer Success, or similar roles
- Demonstrated success providing consultative approach for innovative, complex solutions combining hardware, software, and services
- Ability to manage projects with appropriate tools so can keep various projects on track and on budget
- Proven track record of delighting customers within warehouses and material handling automation a plus
- Working knowledge of warehouse operations and WMS systems a plus
- MBA preferred
- Proficient and comfortable in using collaboration and PM tools such as Salesforce, Tableau, Slack, Jira, MS Project
The successful candidate must bring intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the BG team. The following characteristics are essential:
- Genuine curiosity in people, markets and technology. A desire to self-learn and build holistic understanding.
- Proven ability to lead customer engagements and build strong enduring relationships
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Bias for action and willingness to roll-up your sleeves
- Proven track record of success in cross-team collaboration with Engineering, Sales, Project Management, Deployment and Support functions
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.