Deployment Project Manager
Supply Chain & Manufacturing
Bedford MA, 01730
The Deployment Project Manager will define Project scope, goals, and deliverables with internal Berkshire Grey stakeholders, external, customers, and Berkshire Grey Senior Management.
Define Project scope, goals, and deliverables with internal BG stakeholders, external customers, and BG Senior Management
- Attend and provide feedback on deployment SOW review meetings
- Coordinate, develop and track schedules, plans, tasks, and priorities
- Anticipate and mitigate risk points
- Make tradeoffs between time, schedule and cost
- Develop and deliver regular progress reports, and presentations
Serves as an active manager of projects and is responsible for budget, schedule, and labor for all relevant projects
- Internally, assign work and follow-up as project demands
- Work with Deployment manager and cross functional teams to understand resource requirements and skills
Manage schedules, timelines, and deliverables of 3rd parties in support of overall project deliverables
- 3rd party contractors and implementation partners: including general construction, system rigging, transport, flex-labor
- System permitting activities
Direct and manage multiple projects and cross functional resources from project start to finish
- Utilize project management and reporting tools to track and report on project progress
- Assign and track open issues to resolution
- Effectively communicate project expectations, schedule, and timelines to team members in a timely and clear fashion
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans, if/as needed
Attend external customer meetings, meet with planning coordinators, purchasing, etc
- Work directly with customer and/or customer project counterpart to ensure projects are developed and executed to customer satisfaction
- Work collaboratively with other internal BG groups, including Supply Chain, Purchasing and Operations/Manufacturing teams
- 6+ years experience with technical customer/project management in a manufacturing or distribution environment or other capital equipment industry
Experience managing large scale capital projects consisting of highly complex HW/SW systems.
- Previous experience working with warehouse automation systems is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Expertise with MS Project and Excel
- Experience with engineering software CAD/CAE tools: Solidworks, AutoCad
- Agile environment
- PMI certification
Knowledge in one or more of the following
- JIRA, Salesforce
- Bachelor's in a technical field (industrial/mechanical/electrical/software engineering, robotics, automation systems, etc.)
- Yes; some infrequent travel might be required to interface with the customer. Expected travel will be approx. 20%
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.