Director of Corporate Communications
Sales & Marketing
Bedford MA, 01730
The Director of Corporate Communications is responsible for proactive and strategic public relations programs to communicate Berkshire Grey’s corporate vision, brand values, and product/technology leadership. This is a new position at Berkshire Grey created to drive awareness across market verticals and global geographies. The Director is a senior-level communications professional who leads and executes public relations for the company. The person in this role will at times work independently, and at times work closely with all members of the leadership team including the CEO. The candidate must be capable of interacting with people at all levels of the organization, interpreting their input and turning that knowledge into successful media campaigns and influencer awareness programs.
- The role is responsible for driving earned media coverage to communicate Berkshire Grey’s brand, vision, and leadership position in the robotic automation and supply chain space.
- This includes developing press releases, compelling pitches, bylines, award submissions, and other forms of contributed content.
- This will involve working closely with internal stakeholders — product marketing, content experts, and executives — to develop content that is timely and relevant to the media.
- The Director acts as a main point of contact for reporters, nurturing a network of trade, technology, and business press contacts.
- The Director will own social media strategy and execution to drive measurable impact with industry influencers.
- This position is based in Bedford, Mass., and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ten or more years of PR or communications experience - ideally in a combination of high-tech, agency, and corporate environments
- Must have media relations and PR experience supporting B2B products and messaging.
- Demonstrated experience planning technology and corporate public relations campaigns and managing them through execution and reporting.
- An experienced PR or communications professional who can think strategically and execute tactically — this role is biased toward doing. A self-starter and someone who is comfortable working with senior, cross-functional teams.
- Strong writing and editing skills, excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to interact with individuals and groups, spanning all organizational levels.
- A high level of energy, commitment, and enthusiasm to take on complex, challenging situations in a dynamic organization.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong network and current relationships with technology and retail and supply chain trade reporters in North America.
- Experience in the enterprise software industry, particularly with supply chain technology.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing or Communications
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.