Director of Enterprise Strategy and Development – Mobile Robotics Business Unit
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
Berkshire Grey is seeking a Director of Enterprise Strategy and Development to focus on strategic planning, Integrating Product development, manufacturing, operations, and marketing for the mobile robotics/flex business unit. The candidate will lead enterprise business development, implementation, and deployment of our mobile robotic solutions targeting this last element of the delivery chain.
Strategic Planning / Market Development:
- Support evaluation and capture of relevant market opportunities vis-à-vis current and future product positioning.
- Help refine product requirements while maintaining customer line of sight and enabling channel development.
- Work cross-functionally with Strategy, Marketing, Operations, and Finance to support new feature go-to-market plans and associated collateral.
Project and Program Management:
- Define and drive product roadmaps. Own cross-functional product definition, new feature development, and results measurement. • Execute new product releases and critically monitor performance, enabling consistent sales growth from these releases. • Work with cross functional stakeholders to comprehensively coordinate on time launch activities and product updates. • Capture customer voice and monitor customer satisfaction to increase acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Execute new product releases and critically monitor performance, enabling consistent sales growth from these releases.
- Work with cross functional stakeholders to comprehensively coordinate on time launch activities and product updates.
- Capture customer voice and monitor customer satisfaction to increase acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Champion the direction and transformation of Continuous Improvement by simplifying, standardizing, and integrating business processes.
- Act as change agent in challenging existing approaches and performance. Drive key metric establishment and governance reporting. • Manage business requirement documentation and change control processes to ensure repeatability and delivery of value.
- Manage business requirement documentation and change control processes to ensure repeatability and delivery of value.
- Translate market intelligence to develop new products in alignment with business goals.
- Ensure new product ideas meet sales and probability thresholds to achieve maximum ROI.
- Foster core IP development, supporting technology acquisition, integration, licensing, and market entry.
- Identify and drive solution development opportunities with vendors, strategic partners, and customers in the automation space.
- Drive analysis, integration, and optimization of solutions with customer warehouse and distribution management systems.
- Identify opportunities for harmonization of automation approaches across warehouse sites to achieve improved efficiencies and business outcomes.
Skills & Technical Requirements:
- MS in Engineering or related discipline, Business degree a plus.
- Expert level product development process knowledge across the procedural, technical, and managerial aspects of product management. PMO leadership with P&L responsibility is a plus.
- SDLC lifecycle improvement experience through Lean and Agile processes; expertise enabling such with concurrent Stage-Gate approaches.
- Technology, Product, and Solutions portfolio management experience; ability to blend technical, business, and customer capabilities into multi-year plans.
- Experience with establishment of innovation ecosystems, including ideation workshops, flow management, gating structures, and portfolio integration.
- Experience across two or more verticals, preferably manufacturing, food and beverage, retail, or high technology, within B2B or B2B2C environments.
- Experience with new business ventures and growth expansion of existing businesses. Business consulting experience and prospector mentality a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build consensus across a broad range of backgrounds, organizational levels, and technical expertise.
- Prior hardware and software development experience is desired.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.