Director of Software Quality
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
The Director of Software Quality at Berkshire Grey will build and lead a team. That team will define and implement high velocity quality processes for BG software. The software quality team will also define and execute integration testing of all BG systems, including implementations at customer sites.
- Build, manage, and mentor a team of software quality engineers.
- Oversee manual testing of BG robotics software.
- Build automated test infrastructure and test as part of Continuous Integration processes.
- Lead software quality strategy, validation architecture, roadmap, and implementation.
- Work with engineering leadership to drive define and implement quality processes throughout the software lifecycle.
- Be a good steward of company resources by managing effective investments in tools and fixtures.
- Lead by example to build test strategies and plans.
- Roll up your sleeves, including participating in quality efforts at customer sites.
- CS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years or more people management experience.
- Demonstrated track record of defining and implementing quality improvements in a commercial software environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- 25% travel.
- Ability to measure, assess, and articulate technical risk to stakeholders, including executive level internally and externally at customer sites as well as to internal and external engineering teams.
Nice to Have:
- Graduate CS degree.
- Experience with quality practices for combined hardware/software product.
- Experience with quality practices in a regulated environment.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.