Director, Quality Engineering and Testing — Mobile
Bedford MA, 01730
Seeking a Director, Quality Engineering and Testing to lead BG’s Mobile BU’s quality group. You will be responsible for creating and managing the Mobile Business Unit’s Quality Management System, Design Quality, Manufacturing Quality, and Testing. In this role, you will lead root cause analysis, the corrective action process, data analysis, production quality reports, test plans, and test results. You will drive continuous improvement and field reliability initiatives, and be the “Voice of the Customer”. This position reports directly to SVP/GM Head of the Mobile Business Unit.
You are a quality leader who will help lead the team in driving quality process improvements at BG. You thrive in a fast-growing startup environment. You are a person who enjoys leading and developing quality teams, but at the same time, you are hands-on and work in the lab, improving the product and building test fixtures. You understand the strategic direction, being able to present an executive vision of quality.
- Identify, compile, and present Quality and process improvement KPIs
- Build and develop the Quality team
- Own and lead the troubleshooting customers’ problems while providing solutions leading to improved product quality and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with the Engineering team, identifying KPIs.
- Responsible to improve the quality of all BG products based on review and analysis of these KPIs
- Develop master test plans for assessment the Quality of new development products
- Be responsible for testing of new development products during design validation and pilot build phases at BG and at the manufacturing facility
- Review and provide quality control feedback to the manufacturer
- Collect and analyze field data and provide reposts to the BG’s organization
- Lead quality management meetings
- Collaborate with the technical support, quality, and engineering teams to provide product quality improvement to the field
- Monitor manufacturing procedures ensuring processes are up-to-date, efficient, and reliable
- Issue supplier corrective action for quality finding
- Collaborate with customer support and sales concerning customer quality issues and the required sense of urgency applicable to the situation
- Lead and support the completion and presentation of logic supply quality survey requests from the customers
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in Quality assurance, Quality Control or related experience
- Leadership experience
- Experience leading complicated project effectively
- Commitment to Quality and continuous improvement
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
- Preferred: Master’s degree in technical field or business administration
- Preferred: Lean Manufacturing Process and Value Stream Mapping
- Preferred: Lean Six Sigma green/black belt certification
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.