Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
Berkshire Grey's Electrical Technicians provide field integration of pre-built industrial cabinets and various distributed senors in support of the engineering team. This involves a variety of duties such as connecting power and data between cabinets and field machinery, powering on industrial controls cabinets, loading programs, setting IP addresses, verifying communications and I/O between cabinets and machines, and verifying operation of all safety equipment. The technicians will work in both our lab environment and periodically at customer sites. Up to 25% travel is required.
- Set up electrical cabinets, wire systems, and connect complex machinery.
- Troubleshoot and maintain electrical and mechanical systems and components and return to serviceability.
- Install and repair sensors, motors, robot end tools, and controls.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical diagrams including complex automated system drawings.
- Assist automation team in the qualification process of automated systems.
- Records procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or method.
- Maintain continuous system operation by adjusting, repairing, replacing, or modifying automation/robotic system components.
- Maintains software, documentation, and equipment to the latest revision or operational specifications.
Skills and Technical Requirements
- 2 year associates degree in a related field or higher level degree.
- Minimum 4 years' experience working in manufacturing operations or R&D environment as a technician/mechanic.
- Foundational mechanical and electrical knowledge and understanding.
- Basic familiarity with PLCs, logic, and uploading of code.
- Understanding of automated manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Strong awareness of safety.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical diagrams including complex automated system drawings.
- Ability to monitor the process and show an awareness of issues and demonstrate corrective actions to address those issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with customers, management, peers, and direct reports.
- Well versed in the use of precision measuring devices and inspection tools.
- Proper usage of power tools and measuring equipment.
- Experience with material-handling or related warehouse automation equipment including conveyor systems, robot arms, photo-eyes, proximity sensors, VFD drives, barcode scanners, safety controllers.
- Familiarity running Windows tools to update/edit custom device firmware.
- Hands-on individual with excellent electro-mechanical aptitude, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with industrial electrical work involving 220-480v hardware & standards.
- Understanding of electrostatic discharge (ESD) effects and concerns.
- Previous experience maintaining and repairing robotics and production equipment strongly desired.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.