Enterprise Development Manager (EMEA)
Sales & Marketing
Berkshire Grey is looking for an innovative and motivated Manager of Enterprise Development for EMEA. This is an exciting, dynamic role for someone experienced in building BDR teams and working in Sales, Marketing and partner development working within the fast-growing world of AI and robotics. Initially, the focus will be on starting up the EMEA sales development team as an individual contributor. You will be part of the front-line team (along with GM EMEA & Strategic Account Directors) hunting and identifying new opportunities that fill the sales pipeline. In this role you will find, educate and qualify leads developed through your own as well as marketing initiatives. There will be a majority emphasis on outbound prospecting to the target account(s) as well as working within the partner ecosystem to identify opportunities. You will interact with potential clients and partners through calls, email and social media. You will identify targets for outbound campaigns and maintain detailed records of all activity and results in Salesforce. Your success is linked to the superior experience of our customers as they proceed through their buying journey.
This position is located in UK. This position reports to the SVP & GM EMEA and also working closely with a dotted line to the EDR Manager/Director in North America.
- Work to support the sales team to target and map the target account(s).
- Build a network; research prospective clients through the use of web/social media, internal databases and external tools to identify leads.
- Provide an excellent customer experience with each point of contact, and become a trusted resource and develop superior relationships with prospects.
- Continually follow-up with and monitor passed leads, to ensure a consistent customer experience and maintain momentum.
- Drive pipeline for the EMEA Sales Organization through outbound prospecting and leveraging any inbound leads.
- Work closely and collaboratively with assigned regional sales execs to develop and execute prospecting activities.
- Cold-call and email into targeted accounts, utilize lists or personally researched contacts within a specified region/market to uncover and qualify opportunities.
- Work closely with Marketing to execute the demand generation playbook for crafting monthly email marketing campaigns, and identifying and targeting prospects at key accounts.
- Collaborate with Marketing to further improve on what messaging and positioning is working best in prospecting efforts.
- Understand the needs and goals of each customer in order to best align them with the appropriate resources or internal teams for follow-up.
- Communicate the value proposition by thoroughly understanding company products and business values.
- Work closely with GM of EMEA and Global head of EDR’s to ensure continued top target account alignment as well as partner alliance development.
- Ensure the accuracy of lead data in Salesforce, including identifying sources, contact data and associating leads & contacts with account records.
- Experience in setting up and building BDR teams in Europe in startup environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience in cold calling preferred.
- Experience with developing partner relationships across Europe.
- Demonstrate a desire/aptitude/ability to learn new technology.
- Experience prospecting in and across multiple vertical markets.
- Proficient with salesforce and other business development tools.
- Customer Focus: experience and desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs.
- Experience working in a rapidly changing, semi-structured startup environment.
- Demonstrated success in enterprise sales with ROI/Value selling.
- 1-3 years previous experience in Sales, Marketing business development role with demonstrated capability to develop large enterprise accounts.
- European language skills considered an advantage .
- The successful candidate must bring intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the BG team.
- Genuine curiosity in people, markets, technology, and business landscapes. A desire to learn and understand what our products do and how they can help solve business challenges.
- You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Collaborative team player: works with others to deliver results. Meaningfully contribute to the team and prioritize group needs over individual needs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves goals demonstrating high performance.
- Perseverance: pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish—doesn’t give up.
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects.
- Accountable: You keep your promises, take your commitments to others seriously, and you have the highest level of integrity.
- Possess a “customer first” mentality with the ability to execute in line with overall business goals.
- Strong personal initiative and self-starter mentality.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.