Engineering Hardware Data Manager
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
This role will work with Engineering, Operations, and Accounting to manage the PLM database, ensure data integrity for all hardware parts, components, and systems. This role will also ensure the PLM system is consistently synchronized and linked to the ERP item master database for the company.
- Work closely with the engineering team, operations and suppliers to manage and sometimes detail and document new and existing designs per BG, ASME, and other applicable industry standards and specifications.
- Working with the Engineering and Operations teams, manage the Engineering Change Order process.
- Assist the engineering team with timely transmittal of released documentation to Operations and suppliers.
- UP to 10% travel is required for this position.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficiency with SolidWorks 3D and 2D design/drawing package, preferably SolidWorks 18 or higher.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks PDM, PDM-Pro preferred.
- Knowledge of ASME Y14 drafting standards and machine shop/manufacturing processes including GD&T.
- Significant experience detailing and documenting complex electro-mechanical designs.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with low volume production processes.
- Experience with Altium and how to move design detail between ME and EE tools.
- Knowledge of/experience with Omnify database.
- Knowledge of/experience with NetSuite ERP system.
- An associates degree in engineering is required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.