Field Services Engineer
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
This position will be based in our Lexington, MA headquarters, but will travel extensively to customer sites. The candidate would be responsible for supporting production sites and implementing retrofits. Responsibilities include providing service support, interfacing with operational teams, and troubleshooting any service issues. We’re looking for someone comfortable working with mechanical systems, who is able to work with customers directly, and can document a service history of our systems. Significant travel is required with this position.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or similar field.
- Ability to interface with customers successfully and professionally.
- Ability to understand technical drawings (AutoCAD, Solidworks, etc).
- Comfortable working with mechanical systems.
- Can communicate effectively with both engineering and operational teams.
- Interest and desire to travel -- ~75% travel required.
- Project management interest and/or experience.
- Industrial robotics or other industrial engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Corrective Action and Preventative Action (CAPA), revision control, and document management systems.
- Basic programming knowledge (Python is a plus).
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.