Mechanical Designer - Detailer
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
This role will work closely with the overall engineering team to detail and document new and existing designs per BG, ASME, and other applicable industry standards and specifications.
- Work closely with the overall engineering team to detail and document new and existing designs per BG, ASME, and other applicable industry standards and specifications.
- Assist the engineering and Operations teams with generating Engineering Change Orders, (ECO)s, and processing ECOs to release items into production.
- Assist the engineering team with timely transmittal of released documentation to Operations.
- Review and update designs in Solidworks.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficiency with SolidWorks 3D and 2D design/drawing package, preferably SolidWorks 18 or higher.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks PDM, PDM-Pro preferred.
- Knowledge of ASME Y14 drafting standards and machine shop/manufacturing processes including GD&T.
- Significant experience detailing and documenting complex electro-mechanical designs.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Design knowledge using plastics and metals.
- Experience with low volume production processes.
- Knowledge of DFM/A, Six Sigma, and statistical tolerance analysis.
- Experience with Altium and how to move design detail between ME and EE tools.
- Knowledge of/experience with Omnify PLM database.
- Knowledge of/experience with NetSuite ERP system.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.