Motion Planning Robotics Engineer
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
The Engineer in this role will be responsible for designing and implementing motion planning for manipulation challenges involving commercial robots. This role will work with a multidisciplinary team to integrate planning components into real-world robotic solutions. This position requires up to 25% travel.
Required Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. in Robotics or Master’s degree in Robotics plus 5 years of development experience.
- Experience in designing and implementing solutions for planning problems.
- Expertise in motion planning as applied to robotic manipulation.
- Ability to synthesize approaches to problems from new or existing techniques.
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Proficient in C++ and/or Python and Linux (Ubuntu).
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. in Robotics or Computer Science with a concentration in robotics.
- Commercial experience in a fast paced, Agile environment.
- Experience with OpenRave and OMPL.
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System).
Familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Machine Learning.
- Computer Vision.
- Asynchronous/Concurrent Programming.
- Messaging Systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ).
- Robot Simulation.
- Event Sourcing.
- Containers and Orchestration Thereof.
- NoSQL/SQL Databases.
- VCS (Git)
- Issue Tracking Systems (Jira).
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.