On-site Deployment Manager
The On-site Deployment Manager is a leadership-centric role, combining elements of project management, facilities management, and operations. Perth Amboy, NJ is the initial site for this role; however, over time the site manager will be required to travel to other projects across the country. The ideal candidate will have both strategic leadership skills, but also be able to operate at a tactical level overseeing the details of day-day site operations.
The candidate must have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment and be able to manage and prioritize different requests for time and resources. Must be able to effectively communicate impacts and risks of engineering decisions to project timeline and deliverables. Must have proven leadership skills, able to lead cross-functionally.
- Drives strategy and direction for site operations consistent with program guidelines and vision.
- Provides technical and strategic insight for the team’s deliverables, as well as day-to-day operational leadership.
- Prepares regular progress reports for project sponsors.
- Makes daily tasks lists and delegate responsibility.
- Arranges and leads daily team meetings.
- Ensures all sites are operated and maintained in alignment with established standards and procedures.
- Further, develop standards and procedures as business and customer needs evolve.
- Responsible for overseeing activities of contractors executing facilities services.
- Conducts regular, formal site condition inspections.
- Responsible for identifying site and system deficiencies. Must drive actions to document and resolve deficiencies.
- Develops, cultivates, and owns key relationships with regional vendor partners and third-party service providers as required.
- Responsible for overseeing site programs such as reception, mail/post services, space management, spares location, site organization, site cleanliness, etc.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners such as HR, IT, Security, Safety/Emergency Preparedness, Business Assurance, and Business Continuity.
- Interacts with various support groups to implement regulatory and compliance systems and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical discipline OR Associates Technical Degree plus three years of Automation experience OR five years of Automation experience in place of a degree.
- Must possess strong understanding, decision-making, and negotiating skills.
- Must display awareness and commitment to cost savings and the impact of costs on customers.
- Must demonstrate excellent problem identification and resolution skills.
- Must possess strong oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Must understand union, rules, and regulations, and works cooperatively with union leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload within conflicting operational demands and tight deadline constraints.
- Must have strong leadership and supervision skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and accurately evaluate data and utilize data to drive process efficiencies.
- The ability to travel 30% of the time outside of Metro New York.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.