Operations Program Manager
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
The Operations Program Manager is a newly created position at Berkshire Grey. The position will report to the Senior Director of Operations and help provide operational oversight to one of Boston’s fastest growing technology companies.
Required Skills and Technical Requirements
- Background in engineering, including time spent as an individual design engineering or manufacturing engineering contributor.
- Familiarity with formal Product Development Processes, including tailoring them, using them, holding formal reviews, etc.
- Strong track record working with contract manufacturing, and complex supply chains, to deliver and deploy products to end customers.
- Ability to manage complex sets of requirements and work with cross-functional teams to create, design to, and verify against those requirements.
- Ability to think cross-functionally in order to shepherd the technical leads on a program through appropriate design decision making processes.
- Ability to use tools such as Project, Merlin, etc to plan out schedules and budgets for large and complex programs.
- Ability to speak with customers and manage their expectations and satisfaction with our products.
- Experience with electro-mechanical mid-volume manufacturing and/or product sustainment a plus.
- Work with Engineering Program Management to prioritize continuous improvement and development backlog.
- Work with assigned engineers from multiple competencies to establish task schedule, budget, and staffing needs, and to successfully execute the program plan.
- Lead and manage new product introductions into manufacturing, ensuring delivery and cost requirements are met.
- Lead and drive sustaining engineering efforts with particular emphasis on manufacturing improvements, reliability, cost, and quality.
- Lead and manage production readiness reviews and associated follow-up actions.
- Bachelors/Masters in an engineering discipline with 5-8 years experience in engineering and program management.
- MBA might reduce required years of experience.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.