Principal DevOps Engineer
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
This position is located in our Lexington, MA headquarters. Berkshire Grey is seeking a Principal DevOps Engineer to focus on Site Reliability. The candidate would be an integral part of the design, implementation, security, maintenance and deployment of our software development, test and production environments ensuring scalability and high availability.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 8+ years experience in DevOps
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to create and maintain process and tooling for software updates in development, test and production environments
- Experience with Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Virtualization (KVM/VMware)
- Deployment Techniques (Blue-Green, Canary)
- Configuration Management (Ansible)
- Monitoring (Telegraf, Datadog)
- Databases (NoSQL - MongoDB)
- CI (Jenkins)
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Scripting & Programming (Python)
- VCS (Git)
- MS Computer Science or similar field
- 10+ years experience in DevOps
- AWS Certification
- Security (Tenable, Qualys)
- Robotics / ROS
- Bare Metal Servers
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.