Principal Software Engineer
Bedford MA, 01730
The Engineer in this role will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining software that integrates and enhances robotic capabilities to deliver product features. The Engineer in this role will work with a multidisciplinary team to integrate software controlling physical components comprising robotic applications.
- 8+ years experience in software development
- Commercial experience in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Proficient in Python and/or C++
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- VCS (Git)
- Issue Tracking Systems (Jira)
- Experience with robotics and robotic solutions
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Familiarity with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience with parallel/distributed systems
- Experience mentoring junior team members
Experience with one or more of the following:
- Messaging Systems (Kafka, gRPC)
- Asynchronous/Concurrent Programming (Tornado, Asyncio)
- CI/CD processes (Jenkins, Automated Testing)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.