Principal Solution Architect
Sales & Marketing
Bedford MA, 01730
The Solutions Design Team is looking for an innovative and solution-centric engineer to be a Principal Solution Architect. Architects are responsible for analyzing our customers' operations and processes to achieve optimal system design and performance for our solutions. As a Principal Solutions Architect you will interact with customers and internal team members throughout the pre-sales process. Successful candidates will be innovative, have strong technical problem-solving abilities, excellent project management skills, and the ability to communicate effectively.
Pre-Sales Customer Interaction Responsibilities
- Analyze requirements, conduct engineering analyses and propose solutions for specific customer applications.
- Collaborate with customers to analyze and manage requirements to deliver meaningful business value.
- Compose in-depth technical response documents and provide customer presentations to support the sales process.
- Work with Sales to identify new application areas and, with Marketing, create compelling messaging and demonstrations that attract new customers/prospects.
- Work with Program Engineers to ensure accurate solution development and deployment in post-sales phase.
Prototype Development Responsibilities
- Analyze customer requirements, define and propose Proof-of-Concept, manage POC development activities, and transition systems to engineering & operations.
- Recommend ways to apply new technologies and solutions that will maximize their value to customers and Berkshire Grey.
- Assess the feasibility of POC/development ideas and collaborate with engineering team to determine design limitations and opportunities.
- Define POC solution architecture, technical requirements and technical risk mitigation plans.
Solution Application Strategy Responsibilities
- Identify new solution / product opportunities or new applications of existing products through customer contact and market knowledge.
- Collaborate with Product Management on solution feature prioritization and commercialization strategy.
- Work on enhancement requests, gather business requirements, and collaborate with Product Management on functional design documents.
- Contribute to continual improvement of best practices, tools and techniques for more effective product usage.
- BS degree in engineering, operations or related field.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Ability to work with MS Excel, MS Project and technical drawings (AutoCAD, Solidworks, etc).
- Comfortable working with mechanical systems.
- Develop models as required to solve complex problems.
- Understand use of operational and financial metrics to drive business decisions.
- Ability to interface with customers successfully and professionally.
- Can communicate effectively with both engineering and operational teams.
- Perform well in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.