Program Finance Manager
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
Come join us in this newly created position as a business partner to the Program Management Office and fill the role of key liaison to the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) group. Provide timely, accurate, and insightful business analytics that guide decision-making, manage risks, and exploit opportunities.
- Support monthly and quarterly Program Finance reviews with leadership team.
Deliver weekly and monthly financial reporting to support Program Management.
- Responsible for reporting and analysis of financial data specific to programs to help ensure profitability and good profit margin.
- Track, analyze, and report program performance indicators.
- Provide monthly forecasts by cost element and Engineering effort.
- Weekly Meetings with PMs in support of their Program.
Drive cash flows from contract negotiation to collections.
- Provide cost and margin inputs to negotiation team as necessary.
- Perform primary Finance approval function for all Program Purchase Orders; provide Program team’s assistance with proper Purchase Order coding.
- Track Purchase Order activity, assemble ongoing total cost analysis.
- Track key inventory receipts from vendors.
- Track inventory consumption by Program team.
- Ensure proper accounting for purchase order and inventory transactions.
- Track customer billing benchmarks and/or milestones; perform or assist with complex customer billing process.
- Estimate weekly cash flows and provide inputs for Treasury activities.
Other finance functions; including:
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools.
- Assist with management reporting efforts for monthly business reviews, budgets, and forecasts.
- Automate and continuously improve our monthly reporting that includes full financial statements, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences.
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Assist with organization moving towards comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational Dashboard reporting, and analysis of key business trends.
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
Skills & Technical Requirements:
- Highest level of integrity and honesty and appreciation for sensitive and confidential data.
- Experience with inventory/cost accounting and inventory management processes.
- Deep financial modelling skills with ability to develop and manage complex financial models and analyses while also synthesizing outputs into easy to understand graphical portrayals.
- Superior analytical skills and capability to compile, identify and interpret financial information, articulate problems and propose alternative solutions.
- Comfortable as an agent of change with a continuous improvement mentality.
- Attention to detail.
- Results oriented team player able to juggle activities between overall business perspective and hands-on management.
- Strong business acumen and judgement.
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business.
- At least 7 years of finance and/or accounting experience.
- Experience at start-up experiencing rapid growth preferred.
- Experience with Manufacturing company financials is strongly preferred.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.