Pittsburgh PA, 15222
We are seeking a Roboticist. The candidate would be responsible for designing, implementing and researching robotics topics to solve, machine learning, computer vision, robot perception, robot planning, and robot control problems.
- MS degree in Robotics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in designing and implementing solutions for robotic perception, planning, and control problems.
- A strong background in machine learning techniques and fundamentals.
- Programming experience in Python and C++.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Torch, Caffe).
Experience in one or more of these areas:
- Online learning.
- Bandit algorithms.
- Deep Learning.
- Semi-supervised learning.
- Reinforcement learning.
- Imitation learning.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- PhD in Robotics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with professional software development.
Experience designing and implementing algorithms for one or more of the following categories:
- Object recognition.
- Object localization.
- Robotic manipulation.
- Robotic motion planning.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.