Pittsburgh PA, 15222
The Technician will work directly as a member of our product development team, applying their mechanical and electrical expertise to implement truly novel solutions to solve technical challenges. They will work independently on pieces of the system, but will also work closely with other team members to ensure cohesive product performance. Responsibilities will focus on launching new products into production and supporting prototype and production systems fielded at customer sites.
- Perform tests and verification activities of prototype systems.
- Support development and testing of new electro-mechanical products.
- Build prototype mechanisms, cables and/or electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Design and Build test fixtures.
- Assist engineering team in functional system level testing and debugging.
- Assist prototype and/or production deployment teams at customer sites. Travel up to one week per month.
- Perform data collection and reporting.
- Perform mechanical fabrication, repair, and rework.
- Assist with product qualification and reliability testing.
- Develop product support documentation including maintenance instructions and troubleshooting guides.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in similar capacity.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Minimum of four years of experience using CAD, preferably SolidWorks - including 2D drawings.
- Must have expert mechanical assembly skill.
- Proficient in the use of standard machine shop tools up to and including a milling machine.
- Must have working knowledge of oscilloscopes, DVMs and other basic electronic test equipment.
- Solid experience with basic office computer applications (spreadsheets, word processors).
- A working knowledge of ASME drafting standards including GD&T, (Y14.5-2009).
- Able to work on more than one project concurrently while still meeting deadlines.
- Ability to trouble shoot electrical/electronic & Electro-mechanical systems.
- Proficiency in the use of soldering equipment used to assemble and/or repair PCB assemblies a plus.
- Ability to handle some minimal electrical design (cable harnesses, wiring diagrams, grounding strategies, etc.) is a plus.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.