Senior Electrical Engineer — Robotics
Bedford MA, 01730
This role is for a design engineer who will be responsible for leading the full product life-cycle (Design, Build, Test, Install, Commissioning, and Production Ramp) of industrial robotic systems.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Engaging with program lead to frame and execute electrical projects. Able to clearly present requirements and possible solutions and relevant benefits
- Design overall electrical control system architecture
- Design distributed control and I/O such as CAN, ASi, Profinet, TCP/IP and EtherCAT
- Perform design, specification of facility power requirements, and integration with facility power
- Trouble shooting including static, noise, ground noise, EMI/EMC and supply noise
- Develop, design, and test of electrical components, equipment, and systems
- Develop and maintain electrical drawings in AutoCad (Altium experience beneficial)
- Functionally specify or design electrical control panels
- Develop & manage validation test protocols for the electrical system including vendor acceptance testing
- Ability to communicate with Program Management, Chief Engineers and customers
- Lead technicians and independently support builds and ability to remotely lead electrical debug at customer sites
- Circuit analysis including AC, DC and time domain
- A detailed understanding and ability to trouble shoot of analog, digital and power electronic circuits
- Knowledge of power components such as contactors, fuses, and breakers
- Experience with voltages up to 480VAC 3P, Delta-Wye transformations, in-rush, and power factor
- Self-motivated, hands-on engineer who is comfortable with electrical systems and software tools
- ECN’s, BOM’s, ERP, and documentation systems
- Familiar with regulatory agency (NEC, UL, NFPA, etc.) requirements
- AC to DC, DC to DC conversion and power electronics
- Safety devices (specification and wiring)
- Proficient on troubleshooting electrical systems
- Use of lab tools including DMM, Oscilloscope, Current Meters, and Logic/Bus Analyzer
- Industry experience such as material handling, process automation, piece part automation, or semiconductor
- Single line drawings, fault calculations, and facility integration
Optional Experience or Interest in Learning:
- Some programming experience or ability to understand C, C++, Python, Bash scripting, or other language
- General knowledge or experience with PLCs using TIA Portal or CODESYS
- Familiar with common open source tools such as ROS, Linux, GIT, and others
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, masters beneficial
- 3-8 years of electrical design and development experience or advanced degree
- High potential or advanced degree candidates with strong circuit analysis skills will be considered with less experience.
- Up to 15%
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.