Senior Product Manager
Sales & Marketing
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
The purpose of this Product Management role is to understand the marketplace & competition; discover what the market wants; explore pricing & bundling strategies; drive category leadership; generate product requirements; determine specifications, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction.
- Translate the company’s high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks.
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or bundling strategies.
- Spend time in the market to understand market challenges, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Assess product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; prepare return-on-investment analyses.
- Act as the “messenger of the market” from the outside-in to the rest of the organization.
- Analyze various market segments and collaborate with leadership to choose the best ones to pursue.
- Develop a three-year roadmap for our products to illustrate our vision and plan into the future.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as sales and product marketing on the creation of positioning for our products.
- Create user stories for current and future products based on the market’s challenges and BG's value propositions.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from sunsetting legacy products to prototyping and testing new features/products and ideas.
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement.
- Engage with BG senior leadership to define strategies for using BG solutions and unlocking growth.
- 10+ years of marketing, development, sales, or product management experience.
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Comfortable managing chaos, ambiguity and complexity.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals.
- Strong ownership, bias for action and willingness to role-up your sleeves.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Perform well in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Domain expertise around Logistics and Material Handling a plus.
- MBA preferred.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.