Senior Quality Engineer — Robotics
Bedford MA, 01730
A Senior Quality Engineer is expected to serve as the customer quality advocate on the assigned program team.
- Ensure that critical product characteristics (form, fit, function, safety) are identified on engineering specifications for design qualification and process control
- Lead the development and execution of the Design Validation Test Specification (DVTS) to define the necessary testing for qualification prior to launch / commercialization approval.
- Ensure that compliance requirements for the program are defined and met
- Lead the development of the Production Line Test Specification (PLTS) document and qualification of production test equipment
- Establish system reliability requirements and reliability allocation of subsystems and components, as well as define test methods for the program
- Facilitate DFMEA and PFMEA studies with program team to mitigate potential failures in the design and assembly process
- Brainstorm with program team to identify mistake-proofing opportunities in the design and in the assembly process
- Participate in design reviews to provide quality input
- Participate in engineering sample builds and reviews to ensure objectives and success criteria are defined
- Ensure that defects and failures are identified and tracked to resolution through industry standard defect tracking and resolution tools
- Ensure that all new ME and EE parts are qualified and approved
- Work in collaboration with CM to develop Quality Control Plan
- Work in collaboration with CM to plan and develop the manufacturing process to realize the design intent of the program
- Work in collaboration with CM to execute final pre-production build requirements as qualification of the manufacturing process (test yields, cycle time, defect rate, Cpk, etc.)
- Ensure that all specified marketing and engineering requirements are reviewed and met prior to product launch
- 4 or more years of related work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Highly skilled with analysis tools / methods - experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Kibana preferred
- Experience with Reliability plans and testing preferred
- Experienced in problem solving tools / methods such as DOE, Fault trees, Fishbone, 5 whys etc.
- Experienced in risk management tools such as DFMEA / PFMEA
- Experienced using a PLM tool such as Windchill or Omnify
- Strong knowledge and experience with APQP concepts and methodologies including FMEA, control planning, mistake proofing, PPAP, SPC, Gage R&R
- Good knowledge and experience with validation testing and production test equipment qualification
- Must have the temperament be able to work effectively in a matrix organization and confidence to stand firm on critical to customer / quality requirements
- Strong knowledge of new product development tollgate process
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Approximately 10%
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.