Senior Software Engineer
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
The Senior Software Engineer in this role will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining software that integrates and enhances robotic capabilities to deliver product features. The Engineer in his role will work with a multidisciplinary team to implement and enhance software that manages a mobile robotic fleet and interfaces with the physical hardware surrounding that fleet.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar field
- 5+ years experience in software development.
- Commercial experience in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Proficient in Python
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- VCS (Git)
- Issue Tracking Systems (Jira)
- Travel up to 25% to customer sites and other Berkshire Grey locations may be required for this role.
- Proficient in C++
- Experience with robotics and robotic solutions
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Familiarity with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience with parallel/distributed systems
- Experience mentoring junior team members
- Messaging Systems (Kafka, gRPC)
- Asynchronous/Concurrent Programming (Tornado, Asyncio)
- CI/CD processes (Jenkins, Automated Testing)
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.