Senior Supply Chain Buyer-Planner
Supply Chain & Manufacturing
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
The Senior Supply Chain Buyer-Planner position is a key role requiring an enthusiastic self-starter with a strong drive to improve existing processes and systems. Excellent organizational skills, ability to balance immediate/long term priorities and exceptional multitasking skills are a necessity. Key objectives are the achievement of targeted customer service levels, supplier management, project budget/delivery tracking and on-time building of customer deliverables.
The Buyer-Planner will be responsible for creating purchase order tracking systems, alerting management when orders have been filled and invoices from suppliers have been issued, answering supplier questions and providing them with additional order documentation as needed. The successful candidate for this position has experience in the manufacturing industry and a strong understanding of supply chain management concepts.
- Plan, schedule, and manage the materials for delivering time-critical components to support assigned projects.
- Negotiate pricing and delivery to meet program needs.
- Create Purchase Orders; maintain accurate open PO lines to define inbound quantities and due dates from suppliers.
- Identify potential supply risks and inventory exposures by aligning supply chain processes with product development project plan milestones.
- Track material flow and cost for all suppliers to ensure on-time delivery and adherence to budget.
- Plan and track pre-production builds from engineering development through hand off to production.
- Create Ad hoc reports/analysis.
- Develop custom reporting and querying for internal requirements.
- Research pick and cycle count shorts, in order to recover, and/or root cause missing material.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or minimum 7+ years relevant experience.
- Experience with electro-mechanical sub-systems, industrial systems, digital components, industrial controls, material handling systems is desired.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written).
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and reach quickly to changing priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills.
- Experience developing custom reporting and querying for internal requirements.
- Proven analytical thinking and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate initiative to create and improve upon standard procedures.
- Possess the ability to recognize trends, correlations, and gaps in logistics planning.
- Ability to think strategically across all elements of the supply chain.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Work experience in a start-up is highly desirable.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.