Software Engineer - Combinatorial Optimization
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
This position will be located in our Lexington, MA headquarters. We are seeking a Software Engineer with a specialization in Combinatorial Optimization. Software Engineers work collaboratively within the software team and across all engineering functions. The candidate would be responsible for designing and implementing algorithms for solving multi-agent assignment and scheduling problems. Due to the nature of our solutions which combine both software and robotic hardware, this is an excellent opportunity for software engineers to experience the physical manifestations of their code beyond the traditional user interface.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 3+ years experience in software development.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing solutions for combinatorial optimization problems.
- A strong background in algorithmic theory.
- Programming experience: Python and C++
- Linux experience: Ubuntu
- VCS experience: Git
- Experience designing and implementing algorithms for one or more of the following categories: Multi-agent path planning; Routing; Scheduling; Assignment
- Experience using one or more of the following techniques to solve a combinatorial optimization problems: Linear Programming; Integer Programming; Mixed Integer Programming; Constraint Programming
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or similar field.
- 5+ years experience in software development.
- Experience solving combinatorial optimization problems using heuristic techniques, such as greedy algorithms, simulated annealing, Tabu search, genetic algorithms.
- Experience with robotics and robotic solutions.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.