Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
This position is located in our Lexington, MA headquarters. Software Engineers work collaboratively within the software team and across all engineering functions. The role is responsible for contributing to the design, development and maintenance of software that drives Berkshire Grey's robotic solutions. Due to the nature of our solutions which combine both software and hardware, this is an excellent opportunity for software engineers to experience the physical manifestations of their code beyond the traditional user interface.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 3+ years experience in software development.
- Programming experience: Python and C++
- Linux experience: Ubuntu
- VCS experience: Git
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or similar field.
- 5+ years experience in software development.
- Experience with robotics and robotic solutions.
- Familiarity with ROS.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Motion Planning.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Web Development, CI Tools, Containers, Configuration Management Tools, NoSQL and/or SQL Databases.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.