Software QA Engineer
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
We are seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team of hands-on SQA’s and SDET’s who are qualifying robotic solutions. This role requires the QA person to develop manual test cases, perform testing on in-house test floors in our labs, and occasionally to support new product launches in the field at customer sites.
- Willing to learn a complex robotic hardware environment.
- Work with Software Development Engineers and tech leads to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented.
- Create test plans and test cases per requirements and design.
- Execute test cases across all functional areas of our products.
- Perform testing on in-house test floors and occasionally in production to ensure that all features have been manually tested prior to production deployment.
- Identify, Debug, document, Retest Software Defects (Jira).
- Report test and defect data. Be a vocal advocate for quality in every phase of the development process.
- This role involves occasional travel to customer sites.
Required Skills and experience
- Operation of Unit Test and System Test Frameworks.
- Familiarity with running and configuring software tests (Python, bash).
- Linux (Ubuntu).
- VCS (Git).
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 5+ year’s experience in manual test case development with complex electro-mechanical hardware.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.