Strategic Accounts Director (Europe)
Sales & Marketing
We are looking for a senior sales and business development focused leader with a demonstrated track record of identifying, developing, selling, and closing enterprise industrial technology solutions. The sales director will work collaboratively with the EMEA GM to strategise how to generate new opportunities to fuel Berkshire Grey’s growth in EMEA. You will be working as part of the start up team in EMEA and working cross functionally with business unit GM’s in our go to market verticals in North America, expecially on large global accounts. Building relationships and strategies with key accounts to establish a foothold for BG’s automation and sortation technologies; you will be working with accounts that have the potential for hundreds of millions in revenue.
The ideal candidate has been successful working with large enterprise target accounts in relevant vertical industries to build a value proposition for the implementation of emerging technologies that have the ability to transform the customer’s business processes. This person will be a senior sales executive with a demonstrated track record of success working in start up go to market organizations that have a reputation for outstanding customer focus and performance. This individual will be someone who has consistently overachieved in high growth environments and has actively contributed to building high-performing customer relationships. The role will require an individual to establish a results and performance-based mindset while infusing an appropriate level of process and prioritization.
- Build superior prospect relationships and develop tier 1 target accounts into customers for BG automation and sortation technology solutions.
- Devise and implement creative outbound strategies to initiate conversations with VPs and C-level prospects and grow EMEA pipeline velocity to achieve quota and revenue targets.
- Define and develop solution selling strategies to introduce BG to target customers and show how our technology can add value to their organizations.
- Enlist and steer support, cross functionally with; executive management, sales leadership, solution architects, product teams, engineering and operations to support a superior prospect/customer experience.
- Utilise solution and value selling techniques to effectively guide sales process to close.
- Drive customer sales of business unit products and solutions and secure profitable business with strategic accounts.
- Track and report all prospecting and sales activities in salesforce along with predicted and accurate sales forecasts.
- Complete strategic customer account and sales pursuit plans and be able to communicate them effectively to enable key resources to have a common understanding of differentiated win strategies.
- Working closely with HQ GM’s of our go to market BU’s to be responsible for engaging with global accounts.
- 15+ years as a proven sales executive.
- Entrepreneurial, unafraid to roll-up sleeves, get it done and "lead from the front.”
- Understands how to value sell into large enterprise and strategic prospects.
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customers in these G&C markets.
- Robotics, warehouse automation, or warehouse management solutions experience preferred.
- European Language skills considered advantageous.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The successful candidate must bring intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team. Certain characteristics will be vital.
- A “customer first” mentality with the ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives in line with overall business goals.
- A mission-driven, competitive person with a strong commitment to achieving the company’s stated mission.
- Collaborative person who fostering a positive culture and works with internal teams to deliver solutions that meet the customers’ requirements.
- Strong personal initiative and self-starter mentality; needs the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong, decisive and action-oriented style; ability to make, communicate, and take accountability for timely decisions and ability to get to the heart of issues rapidly.
- An extremely smart and dynamic individual with outstanding communication skills and a balanced ego.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Persuasively sells ideas to gain support and buy-in.
- Strives to exceed goals, targets, and standards.
- Takes initiative to capitalize on opportunities.
- Develops new contacts and initiates relationships.
- Listens attentively to other people.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.