Technical Operations Manager
Supply Chain & Manufacturing
Building 4, Suite 190
Lexington MA, 02421
The Technical Operations Manager directs day-to-day management of engineering technicians, assigning resources for specific development programs to maintain on-time delivery of proof of concepts (POC), prototypes, and first articles.
- Manage tight coordination with program managers, lead engineers, and competency managers to ensure integration tasks are properly defined, scheduled, and tasked.
- Own and manage the coordination of internal integration and test resources to meet results, schedules, quality, and costs, leveraging outside resources as need to meet the requirements of multiple ongoing programs.
- Work with internal stakeholders to document findings discovered during integration and test. Demonstrate superb organizational skills to track and execute changes in a fast pace and fluid engineering environment.
- Drive corrective actions both internally and externally to resolve technical issues found during integration and test, and collaborate with applicable parties on resolution.
- Implement 6S and appropriate lean practices supporting the integration and test of highly automated capital equipment systems.
- Own safety within the integration and test facility, developing, implementing, and enforcing processes and procedures to ensure the safety of humans and products.
- Drive improvements in workmanship standards and individual accountability on the integration floor, both internally as well as externally at outsource contract manufacturers.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Travel is required, but occasional - up to 10% of time may be spent travelling.
Skills & Requirements:
- B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of direct manufacturing experience. 5+ years of management experience preferred. Capital equipment experience preferred.
- Ability to manage complex sets of requirements and work with cross-functional teams to create, design to, and verify against those requirements.
- Working acknowledge of ASME drafting standards including GD&T, and familiarity with industrial electrical work involving 220-480V hardware and standards.
- Solid knowledge of industry standards in electrical and mechanical assembly and test.
- Confident, strong personality exhibiting leadership qualities.
- Solid communication ability between diverse stakeholders: management, engineering, and operations.
- Ability to develop schedules and resource plans and execute.
- Self-starter with high level of motivation and self-discipline. Good organizational skills required.
- 3D CAD software (Solidworks), Autocad, and project planning software (MS Project) experience preferred.
About the Company
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.