This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Site or through web forms on the Sites.
- In e-mail, text, online chat and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
It does not apply to information collected:
- by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- by any other third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Site.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including:
- information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your location or company name; and/or
- information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, as described below.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we may collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of requesting information about or quotes on our products or services.
- Information that you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us.
- Information that you provide when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Site.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, device type, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons.Pages of the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Berkshire Grey, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Our Site may include links to other Internet sites as a convenience to Site visitors. Berkshire Grey is not responsible for personal information that you voluntarily disclose to other third parties that you reach through links or otherwise through our Site, and any such information disclosed will be governed by the privacy policies associated with those sites.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To understand how you use and interact with our Site and the people or things you are interested in on our Site.
- To evaluate and improve our products and services, and/ or develop new products or services.
- To conduct audit and troubleshooting activities.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on how to contact our Privacy Officer). For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government, court or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Berkshire Grey, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Berkshire Grey. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Berkshire Grey to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on how to contact our Privacy Officer). If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Berkshire Grey as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Children Under the Age of 16
The content of our Site is not targeted to or intended for, children under 16 years of age. Berkshire Grey does not market products or services to this age group, and does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on how to contact our Privacy Officer).
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at [e-mail address] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on contacting our Privacy Officer).
When you visit our Site, or e-mail a communication to us, your data passes through a server monitored by Berkshire Grey. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Berkshire Grey cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to our Site over the Internet.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone.
[Attn: Privacy Officer
Berkshire Grey, Inc.
10 Maguire Road, Suite 190
Lexington, MA 02142]
Please be sure to include your full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address so that we may reach you with a response.
Last Modified: August 20, 2020
European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland
Name of Data Controller and Contact Information
Berkshire Grey, Inc.
10 Maguire Road, Suite 190
Lexington, MA 02142
Purposes of the Processing
Lawful Basis for the Processing
Generally, we process personal data on the basis that the processing is necessary for purposes of our legitimate interest in conducting our business, having taken into account any risks to your fundamental rights and freedoms (including your right to privacy). We also may process personal data on other bases permitted by the GDPR and other applicable laws, such as when the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
The Legitimate Interests of the Controller or Third Party, where applicable
The Categories of Personal Data Concerned
The Recipients or Categories of Recipients of the Personal Data
Information Regarding Transfers of Personal Data Outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom (UK), and Switzerland
Berkshire Grey, Inc., is headquartered in the USA and the Site is hosted in the USA.
When you provide your personal data to us via the Site, you are providing your personal data directly to the USA. When you contact us by email, you are directly providing your personal data directly to the USA.
Before you provide your personal data to us via a web form on the Site, we request your explicit consent to the transfer of your personal data to the USA. When you email us, the fact that you have chosen to email us knowing that we are located in the USA will be understood to constitute your express consent to the transfer of the personal data in your email (including your email address) to the USA.
The Period for Which the Personal Data Will Be stored, or the Criteria for Determining the Retention Period
How long we retain personal data varies according to the type of data in question and the purpose for which it is used. We delete personal data within a reasonable period after we no longer need to use it for the purpose for which it was collected or for any subsequent purpose that is compatible with the original purpose. This does not affect your right to request that we delete your personal data before the end of its retention period. We may archive personal data (which means storing it in inactive files) for a certain period prior to its final deletion, as part of our ordinary business continuity procedures.
Your Rights to Access, Correct, Restrict or Delete Your Personal Data and Object to Processing
You have the right to request access to your personal data, to have your personal data corrected, restricted or deleted, and to object to our processing of your personal data (including objecting to direct marketing). In certain situations, you have the right to request that we transfer to a third party a copy of personal data that you provided to us. Your rights may be subject to various limitations under the GDPR. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any concerns about our processing of your personal data, please contact us in any of the ways listed in the section “Contact Us”.
The Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority
You have the right to file a complaint concerning our processing of your personal data with your national (or in some countries, regional) data protection authority. The EU Commission has a list of EEA data protection authorities here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. The UK data protection authority’s website is https://www.ico.org.uk. The Swiss data protection authority’s website is https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/links/data-protection—switzerland.html
Statutory or Contractual Requirement or Other Obligation to Provide Any Personal Data
Users of the Site are under no statutory or contractual requirement or other obligation to provide personal data to Berkshire Grey via the Site.
Last Modified: August 20, 2020