Berkshire Grey Readies for Robotics Revolution
By BG Blog Staff
Sustained company momentum in 2021 proves Berkshire Grey’s AI-enabled robotic automation solutions and innovation in Intelligent Enterprise Robotics will drive supply chain transformation.
Berkshire Grey this week shared details around our continued growth as the leading provider of AI-enabled robotic automation solutions that transform supply chains, enabling our customers to thrive amidst even the most unexpected market disruptions.
“2020 was a pivotal time for eCommerce companies, retailers, grocers, and package handling logistics providers — and it continues into this year. The need to automate to meet consumer needs was already pronounced and the pandemic accelerated the changes and increased the need,” says Tom Wagner, founder and CEO of Berkshire Grey. “Many of these changes in consumer behaviors are here to stay and that means businesses need to adapt and improve operations with robotic automation to fulfill those needs. We’re honored to work with companies who have enlisted our AI-enabled robotic solutions to help meet business goals and consumer expectations.”
With consumer behavior shifting toward online buying and expectations of speedy delivery increasing, it’s no surprise that our solutions for eCommerce fulfillment, store replenishment, and dynamic parcel sortation resonated with existing customers and attracted new global opportunities with partners and customers. The positive momentum also drew recognized technology industry leaders that will enable Berkshire Grey to successfully navigate our rapid growth track.
So far this year, we have:
- Expanded our global presence into Canada and Japan. In 2020, the EMEA team size increased by 50% and the company established its Canadian subsidiary, as well as its Japanese entity through its partnership with SoftBank Robotics Corp. and SB Logistics Corp., subsidiaries of SoftBank Group Corp.
- Garnered recognition as an industry leader in innovation and robotics. In March 2021, Berkshire Grey was named as one of 2021’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and selected in the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Robotics by Fast Company.
- Expanded our corporate social responsibility program through Picking With PurposeTM program. Fast Company recognized in its Fast Company 2021 World Changing Ideas award for its important role in building a better world — especially as everyone emerges from the coronavirus crisis.
- Broadened our commercial leadership team.
- Angela Whiteford joined as the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), previously the CMO at unicorn company Forter.
- Jerry Kim joined the company as Vice President of eCommerce to support Berkshire Grey’s efforts to address the rapidly growing eCommerce industry.
- Bryan Boatner joined Berkshire Grey as the Vice President and General Manager of Third-Party Logistics (3PL), and has extensive experience in mobile scanning, factory automation, barcode scanning, warehouse automation, machine vision, and robotics integration.
As previously announced, on February 24, 2021, Berkshire Grey entered into a definitive agreement with Revolution Acceleration Acquisition Corp (Nasdaq: RAAC) that is expected to result in Berkshire Grey becoming a publicly listed company during the second quarter of 2021, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions, including approval by the stockholders of Revolution Acceleration Acquisition Corp.
All of this positive growth is driven by Berkshire Grey as the pioneer of Intelligent Enterprise Robotics (IER), a new category of AI-enabled robotic solutions that automate the fulfillment of eCommerce orders, replenishment for retail stores and groceries, and parcel processing for customers. Key capabilities of IER include:
- AI-enabled picking
- AI-enabled mobility
- System-wide orchestration
- Cloud-based monitoring and analytics
- And a full portfolio of capabilities and professional services such as manufacturing, installation, commissioning, maintenance, software updates, and operation.
As the year progresses, Berkshire Grey will continue to provide AI-enabled robotics solutions to businesses as they recognize the imperative to transform their warehouse operations and supply chain processes. Together, we are helping them to not only survive disruption, but also thrive in any circumstances.
Three Steps Toward Solving the $120 Billion eCommerce Returns Problem
The new AI-enabled Reverse Logistics solution helps eCommerce retailers and 3PLs …
Seven Ways to Fulfill More Product from Fixed Facilities and Labor
Robotic Product Sortation autonomously picks, sorts, and packs millions of items …
Robotic Automation to Radically Change the Essential Way You Do Business
with Berkshire Grey
Contact the BG Fulfillment Automation Sales Engineering Team to Learn How to:
- Reduce operations expense by up to 70%.
- Lessen your dependency on labor.
- Bolster facility throughput by up to 25% to 50% with automation.
- Get a customized ROI analysis of your specific environment and business.
Call +1 (833) 848-9900
or connect using our form.